Oh, goals. You seem so appealing until it comes time to set them, or to actually accomplish them! I’m purposefully keeping my goals simple this year.
- Continue: Keep sewing knits, keep blogging, keep doing Curvy Sewing Collective stuff, and keep teaching classes. Keep hacking patterns without a firm plan, starting blog series whenever inspiration hits, and making friends online. Be kind to myself and people around me. All good stuff which should continue!
- Stop comparing myself to others, wishing I sewed more or posted more on Instagram, and stop pushing myself to sew things that are complex. (Maybe when I stop pushing I’ll actually want to sew them?)
- Spend more time being badass, professionally and personally. Think things through, be confident, and then let things go. Find a sustainable level of commitment.
- Take sewing a little more seriously, and spend time considering what I want to be my trajectory as a sewist. I have zero interest in starting a pattern line or online store, but I would like my blog to be the best it can be, and I’m curious what opportunities might be available if I ask.
- When in doubt, choose bold, interesting fabrics and patterns. I never regret it when I go a bit wacky with print. I feel like my style is definitely become more modern, and I’m moving away from patterns that feel too fussy or formal.
And that’s a wrap on 2016’s Top 5 lists! Thank you so much to everyone who participated or commented on each other’s posts… I hope you found some new bloggy friends to follow! You can find links to other participants here or here. I’ve so enjoyed reading them all myself!