Everyone has different “basics” in their wardrobe… and in the midst of Christmas busyness, I’ve been dreaming up topping up mine!
Here’s what I have in mind:
- taupe striped Concord tee – basically, another version of my most-worn tee in another colour way of the same fabric!
- red plaid dress – not so much a basic as my take on the wardrobe essential: a plaid shirt!
- leopard dress, or maybe a leopard top? I already own both in different leopard print, so we’re into repeat territory either way!
- another long cardigan – maybe a Paprika Opal, maybe another Sew Over It Shift dress slit up the middle to make it a cardigan. Can’t get enough of these when I’m dressing for work in the morning! I’ve got a cool fabric that is white lace bonded to black scuba that I’m planning to use.
- sweaterknit Renfrew with cowl – I have one remaining Renfrew in my wardrobe which I love wearing (it’s leopard – I’m telling you, Jungle January convinced me that it’s a basic!) and it reminds me how great the cowl neckline is on that pattern!
- jeans – I need to sew some more Cone Mills Gingers or buy some pull-on jeggings.
- new bras – I’ve commissioned another pattern from Emerald Erin – this time, a foam plunge bra pattern… now I just have to sew it!
In not-so-basic sewing plans, I need to sew something up for the Very Curvy Sewing Celebration I’m co-hosting in the CSC Facebook Group. I might also make something new to wear at Christmas in Ottawa with my Granny…something she’ll be proud to see me wear in front of her retirement home neighbours, that still feels fun and youthful… and has lots of room to eat! Any ideas?
Oh yeah, and Christmas gifts. Is it any wonder I’m sitting on the couch and not sewing at all, rather than start on this long list?