I’ve been handing out sewing dares left and right – thanks for joining in the fun! Here are the dares that have been offered/accepted:
- Elena is working on complimenting herself herself out loud or on twitter every time she wears a me-made in MMM, and blogging once a week this month! She’s already working on both!
- Sonja is going to make Carolyn pyjamas…
- …and she’s dared me to make a woven dress! I’ve got some rayon challis washed and ready to go… don’t let me avoid it for too long!
- Jeni is going to sew at least 3 of the 4 fabrics she recently bought at Mood.
- Jennifer Shaw is going to make a maxi dress for a festival…
- Bea has agreed to sew a cardigan AND use some stash fabric!
- Carly has been dared to either sew something inspired by her recent trip to Japan, or use a TNT wintery pattern to make something for summer!
- Tasha has been dared to make shorts.
- Meg has been dared to make more trousers/jeans for MMM.
- Lauren is going to make a quilt to take to uni next year…
- Elizabeth has already started working on her dare to try reverse applique on clothing!
- Charlotte is going to give new life to an old piece of knitting (me-made or thrifted) in the name of sustainability.
- Heather promised to make a jacket of some kind!
- Cari dared Sarah to make something modern inspired by something from her vintage sewing pinboard.
- In return, Cari is going to work towards shorts for summer.
- Meris has started making a pair of Ginger jeans to fill gaps in her MMM wardrobe!
- Stephanie is going to work on either a jumpsuit or a date-night dress for a night out without the baby!
- I must have no mercy, because I dared V to sew a secret pyjama knit dress – right up my alley but something new for her! 🙂
- Michelle will write a post for the Curvy Sewing Collective, and maybe even sew up a pattern from her (fabulous) weekly pattern roundups!
- Rowena is planning to sew the Granville she’s be planning for months, and
maybe even try something with knits!She self-drafted a knit dress and sewed it in merino, and it’s fab!
- Andrea dared Kristen has been dared to make Ginger jeans or a cardigan…
- Mother of Reinvention is going to sew a Bianca top to fit in with her Wardrobe Architect plans!
- Jo has already finished her dare to try a Japanese sewing pattern… and then she went and made a second version too! I’m so impressed, and I hope I’ve got her hooked!
- Andrea is going to make wide-legged pants and something by a Canadian designer (but I’m not expecting either until summer holidays hit, because we are both teachers!)
- Sue plans to make something inspired by a childhood outfit or an old favourite item of clothing.
- Kten is going to make a maxi dress for summer, and maybe a Morrix blazer too!
- Rachel has been dared to make something embroidered for her brand new baby, or maybe a pillow case for her older daughter!
- Crafternoon Nap has been dared to make a wrap dress inspired by the DVF exhibit
- Vanessa has been dared to make something from a pattern book…
- Margo already finished her dare to sew for someone in her family (proof on IG) and is going to make something beachworthy!
- Karen is going to make a nice project bag for her knitting.
- Kat has been dared to make 2 tees for MMM…
- Lisa is going to sew up a summer version of her Jade skirt pattern.
- Su has been dared to make more tops for MMM!
- Lou got dared to blog some of her IG pics, and post about her Ginger jeans. (Done!)
If you finish your dare, please comment below with a link to your post/pic, so we can see how it went!
Oh, and because life is busy and blah blah blah, let’s extend the “deadline” to the end of June! Good luck on your dares, and if you still want one, just let me know… and if you have to punk out for any reason, don’t worry, we won’t hold it against you!